The VUSE Commitment™
With every VUSE we adhere to a set of quality principles we call the VUSE Commitment.
The VUSE Commitment is our pursuit of excellence, ensuring our products match and exceed adult tobacco consumer demand for higher quality vapor experiences; in taste, satisfaction and performance, for today, tomorrow and into the future. As part of this commitment, VUSE digital vapor cigarettes are subject to rigorous testing so that consumers can be assured of the highest quality in taste and safety features.
Each VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarette has been designed with the following principles:
- E-liquid Purity – The V-Liquid™ contained in all VUSE Cartridges is made with the highest quality ingredients under strict manufacturing standards. VUSE uses the highest quality tobacco-derived nicotine. Only distilled or reverse-osmosis water is used.
- Construction Materials – All VUSE Cartridge materials were designed to be approved for food contact and/or toxicologically evaluated.
- ROHS Compliant – All electronics used in VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes are RoHS (Annex II) compliant (Restriction of Hazardous Substances). RoHS restricts the use of six hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products.
- End-of-Cartridge Automatic Cutoff – The VUSE Cartridges were designed to permanently disable when empty, to prevent degradation of structural materials and consumer refill.
- Overheating Protection – VUSE PowerUnits have been built with overheating protection, which minimizes the potential for overheating.
- Control of the Heater Power – Software control algorithms executed in the VUSE PowerUnit precisely control the amount of power required to optimize aerosol output.
- Cartridge Leak Prevention – VUSE Cartridges were designed to minimize leaks of the V-Liquid™.
- Tamper-Resistant Cartridges – The VUSE PowerUnits designed by R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company are designed to work exclusively with the VUSE Cartridges. The VUSE PowerUnit will not activate non-RJR Vapor Company cartridges and will prevent reuse of empty VUSE cartridges. This ensures proper operation.
- Choke Hazard-Resistant – VUSE Cartridges have been strenuously tested for human bite resistance to help ensure they do not present a choke hazard from components coming loose under standard bite pressure protocol.
- Off-Gassing Protection – VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes were designed to help ensure the intake air is isolated from the battery cell.
- UL, FCC, and IEC Certified – The VUSE battery cell is UL (Underwriters Laboratories) and IEC Certified (International Electrotechnical Commission). The VUSE PowerUnit is FCC (Federal Communications Commission) Certified.
- Built in Battery Protection – VUSE battery cells include built-in battery protection circuitry.
- Manufacturing – VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes are manufactured in facilities utilizing Quality Systems where Robust Supplier Management activities are conducted to ensure stringent qualifications.
- Cartridge Automation – VUSE Cartridges are manufactured via precision automated production. As part of this process, state of the art instrumentation and custom built electrical monitoring systems are in place to ensure the highest quality.
- Battery Recycling Program – VUSE Digital Vapor Products have been manufactured using rechargeable battery technology, minimizing waste for the consumer and the environment. VUSE offers an entirely free and environmentally-friendly way for consumers to dispose of VUSE Lithium-Polymer batteries and Cartridges.