Youth Tobacco Prevention
- R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company believes that minors should never use tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes.
- The federal government tracks retailers’ compliance with checking IDs for tobacco purchases, and the most recent data indicate that the vast majority of retailers nationwide are complying with laws requiring proof of minimum age to purchase.
- VUSE is only sold behind the counter, not self-service — which requires clerk assistance and age verification. Our direct marketing efforts are limited to adults who currently use tobacco products and have been verified as being over the age of 21.
- We actively work to support legislation in the states that make it illegal for minors to purchase and possess tobacco products, as well as laws that prohibit the purchase of tobacco products by adults for the intended purpose of distributing those products to minors.
- For more information on the Transforming Tobacco vision of the RAI operating companies, including Youth Tobacco Prevention, please visit http://www.transformingtobacco.com.